Over the years, good health has been linked to a good breakfast. Not only does it kick-start your metabolism in the morning, but it provides you with sufficient energy to go about your day. But those are a just two of the reasons it’s the most important meal of the day…
If you’re a fitness enthusiast in particular then breakfast is going to benefit you more than the average person. Without breakfast, your morning workout could become sluggish and non effective. You’ll be zapped off energy which ultimately leads to a poor session in the gym.
Let’s put it this way, when you wake up in the morning, your blood sugar levels are naturally low and deciding to skip your morning meal results in your body’s rhythm of fasting and eating being thrown off course. This will leave your muscles and brain weak and incapable of working to their best potential.
So what makes a good breakfast?
Obviously, a bowl of Coco Pops isn’t going to benefit anyone in the long run. Nutritionists advise consuming 15 grams of protein and 5 grams of fibre to get the best out of your breakfast particularly if your aim is to build muscle. Sugar should be limited but the sugars found in fruits and dairy do not count.
You should also aim to eat a little bit of everything in your morning meal; lean protein, small amounts of fat, and carbs. They are all essential nutrients for maintaining efficient energy levels throughout the day and during your workouts.
Great breakfast foods include:
- Eggs – rich in protein and keeps you feeling fuller for longer.
- Greek yogurt – contains probiotics to regular the digestive system.
- Oatmeal – wards off hunger cravings between breakfast and lunch.
- Coffee – provides efficient energy and increases your fibre intake.
- Chia seeds – excellent source of omega 3 and protein.
- Berries – promotes a healthy digestive system and regulates digestion.
- Nuts – good source of fat, fibre, and protein.
- Green tea – aids weight loss and maintains heart health.
- Flaxseeds – gluten free and high in antioxidants.
- Avocado – rich in nearly 20 different nutrients and contains healthy fats.
- Banana – it’s loaded with vitamins and minerals making it a super fruit.
If you’re looking to shed weight then you’ll be pleased to know your body environment when you wake up works in converting food to energy as opposed to food to fat like it would in the evening. It would also suggest your morning workout, combined with a nutritious breakfast, is the most effective time to exercise your body due to higher energy levels.
So next time you consider leaving the house before eating breakfast – think again; it could be the difference between a sluggish trip to the gym and the greatest workout you’ve ever had!
On the other hand, if you’re a busybody who struggles to make time for breakfast and just doesn’t have enough hours in the day to even consider food prep – then why not try our perfectly balanced meals that are prepped and delivered straight to your door? Whether you’re looking to get lean, maintain, or bulk, we’ve got something to suit everyone – and all you have to do is switch the microwave on!
Visit https://protrition.co.uk/meals/ for more information.